✅ Preload Assets Setting
We realize that one size does not fit all at Gather. Everyone has different needs, especially when they’re using our platform for wildly different things. With that in mind, today we’d like to introduce the ability to have all of your guests preload all of your Space’s assets while on the loading screen.
Typically, assets will only load as you approach them and assets in other rooms will only download if you choose to visit those rooms. This speeds up how quickly someone can enter your Space and begin exploring. This may also result in our now infamous question mark boxes dotting your space.
If you do not want assets to load on an as-needed basis for your guests (for immersive theatre, escape rooms, etc.), you can turn on the “Preload all assets” feature in your Space’s Settings to have everything download while your guest is loading into the Space. Turning on this option for your Space will change this behavior for all future visitors.
Although it may take longer for your Space to initially load, you now have the option to provide a more seamless experience for your guests, regardless of their internet connection.
🦋 Less Flashy Updates and Bug Round Up
- Added hot keys for muting and unmuting audio (Ctrl/⌘+Shift+A) and video (Ctrl/⌘+Shift+V).
- Adjusted redirects from deleting a Space to go to /app rather than /dashboard.
- Fixed a few more confetti rendering issues.
- Fixed issue where invalid Spaces would still attempt to load and get stuck on connecting.
- Improved maintaining connected for low-bandwidth connections.
- Massively increased efficiency when rejoining a Space after getting disconnected for any reason. (More to follow next week!)
That's all for now!
- The Gather Team